“Pop music is commercial art the way Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s soup cans were commercial art. I don’t know why everyone is so against pop music. I love a good chorus – sue me. It’s that fucking simple.” - Lady Gaga

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Under the Radar Obsessions: The Naked And Famous' 'Young Blood'




The Naked And Famous. I discovered this band on Perez Hilton’s site and there fucking fucking fantastic. They have this smooth electronica trance teenage MGMT sound which I just love listening to late at night at my creative hour. There’s really nothing special about the song. It’s your straight up youthful electronic Brooklyn meets Gossip Girl sound cult movement which we have seen for quite sometime for the last few years. As for the video it’s also really plain. Young adults enjoying life prancing around like being inspired by the hippy age, but shot in fashion blog-esque manner. I don’t really see this band have a future commercially or breaking any chart records.  This genre has become too stereotyped and they really need to bring something to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment